Why Monitoring the Cognos BI Usage Makes Sense.
By: Matt Caton
At the heart of a strong BI practice is the automation of repetitive tasks, freeing up time to focus on deeper analytics and more advantageous architectures. Cognos BI equips architects with a number of tools for automating report delivery which is often overlooked and done manually. Below are a number of advantages to proactively monitor usage of your Cognos BI reporting system:
- Staying ahead of audits and ensuring software license compliance
- Saving pricey license seats for users who are actually taking advantage of (using) the system
- Having a list of active users to help plan system updates and down-times
- Providing colleagues and managers with important system usage feedback
- System monitoring without even having to log into the system